This year, the EAPL is able to offer three travel grants for students and early-career researchers (up to two years after obtaining their PhD) from lower to upper-middle income economies to attend the EAPL 2023 conference in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
These travel grants will cover 80 % of travel costs (travel and accommodation) up to a value of 650 € each. Only the cheapest, reasonable travel and accommodation option will be covered.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be either Master’s students, PhD students or early-career researchers/postdocs (up to two years after obtaining their PhD),
- Applicants must be enrolled or employed at a university in a low-income, lower-middle income or upper-middle income economy (please refer to the 2023 World Bank classification to determine eligibility),
- Applicants must be a member of the EAPL (become a member here),
- Applicants must have submitted an abstract as presenting author for an oral presentation at the EAPL 2023 conference in Cluj-Napoca – the submission deadline for abstracts is May 15th,
- Applicants must detail other possible travel funds available (e.g. through their university/department).
In order to apply for the travel grants you will have to submit the following documents:
- A Curriculum Vitae including appropriate contact information,
- The abstract submitted as oral presentation at the EAPL 2023 conference,
- A short motivation letter (max. 1000 words) outlining the presentation you are planning on giving at the conference, how the attendance of the EAPL 2023 conference will benefit you and your professional goals, as well as a description of the financial need and (lack of) funding from other sources (e.g. your own university/department) to cover travel and accommodation costs for the conference,
- Proof of enrolment/employment at a university in a low-income, lower- middle income or upper-middle income economy based on the 2023 World Bank classification.
Please e-mail your complete submission before May 21st, 2023 to email@example.com indicating “Travel grant application” in the subject of your email. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Successful applicants will be notified on May 28th, 2023. If you are selected for this grant, you will be expected to present your submitted abstract during the EAPL 2023 conference and write a short summary of your research for the EAPL-S/EAPL website.